Thursday, January 26, 2012

Santiago


I was born in Santiago and I’ve lived here all my life. I don’t know If it’s a “good place to live” but I think  as everything it has advantages and disavantages. First, in Santiago there is a lot of places to have fun.  There are a lot of parks, museums, libraries and cinemas.  Here there are lots of really old buildings in the centre.  Definitely there is so much to see and do in Santiago.
Mainly, I like Santiago because here there are an interesting variety of cultural activities throughout the year. You always will find something to do!
My favorite places are the traditional neighborhoods such as “Barrio Brasil” or “Barrio Yungay” because of its great diversity cultural. There are a lot of migrants communities and a lot of young people.  I like it because I think is a place with a very particular atmosphere. I also enjoy frequenting the center of the capital with its old buildings and stressed people...
If you ask me for the disadvantages to live here I would say that Santiago is a really crowded place and I think is unsafe because of crime... but for me the main of those disadvantages is its awful transport system. After years of its implementation we can still complain about its faults. I think just improve this aspect of life in the city, would significantly improve the quality of life for its inhabitants. I also think it would be very important to solve the problem of high pollution. And, last but not least, we desperately need more bike paths!!
Finally, If someone asked me for the most interesting places to visit in Santiago  I would recommend him/her to  visit Natural History Museum, Museum of Memory, Contemporary Art Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts and the magnificent Pre-Columbian Museum.


2 comments:

  1. i like traditional neighborhoods too, especially becuase the diversity of people you can find there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahh, the traditional neighborhoods are so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete